- A Charlotte police officer serving a warrant shot and killed another man, Keith Lamont Scott, whom the cops say was carrying a gun but whose family claims he had been holding a book. The killing sparked a night of protests in which a highway was blocked, 12 officers injured, and several people taken to the hospital.
- A lawsuit filed by 21 states Tuesday seeks to dismiss the Obama administration's new rule requiring more workers be eligible for overtime pay.
- Flight attendants are pushing legislation to make training flight attendants to learn the "signs" of human trafficking mandatory.
- Colorado officials are urging Arizona to first decriminalize marijuana possession before setting up a legalization scheme.
- Kittens will kill you.
- "Police say a fearful 11-year-old Georgia girl who took a knife to school told officers she needed the weapon to fend off clowns."
- Health officials are investigating a woman's claim that she was served a fried rat head at Popeye's.