Everybody Pretends They Know All About Aleppo, Clinton Holds Press Conference, Hackers Arrested for Targeting Feds: P.M. Links
(Jim Thompson/ZUMA Press/Newscom)
- This is the 2016 election in a nutshell: Gary Johnson 'won' the news cycle this morning over a gaffe where he blanked on what Aleppo (a besieged city in Syria) was. The inevitable punchline was that at least one elite media outlet (The New York Times) also screwed up its explanation of Aleppo. Note the Google trend rankings below from this morning:
- Meanwhile, here's what's currently happening in Aleppo if anybody actually cares. No? Hmmm.
- Hillary Clinton held an actual press conference today and attacked Donald Trump for praising Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- One person was shot and injured at a Texas school. The shooter then apparently killed himself or herself. A police officer on the scene was also apparently accidentally shot by a marshal.
- Two North Carolina men were arrested for allegedly hacking the accounts of several federal officials and illegally accessing law enforcement databases.
- Federal prosecutors arrested an Orange County, California, Superior Court clerk and a pack of alleged accomplices for charges of running a ticket-fixing scheme where he is accused of accepting bribes to meddle with more than 1,000 cases over five years.
- Tiresome overblown cultural outrage of the day: A Florida Walmart used boxes of sodas to create a memorial display of the towers for Sept. 11. That was kind of dumb.
- BURRITO DRONES ARE COMING!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily updates for more content.