Labor Day represents the start of the general election season for most Americans who pay any attention to politics. The FBI released notes from its July interview with Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton on Friday afternoon. Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump visited Detroit. Ads in favor of Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson point out 15 percent support in the polls could get him into the debates. Green Party presidential nominee Jill Stein flew to the wrong city while visiting Ohio.
- Tropical Storm Hermine makes its way north.
- Turkey claims it has cleared its border with Syria of ISIS fighters.
- An angry mob chased Venzuela President Nicolas Maduro.
- China is concerned about record voter turnout in elections in Hong Kong.
- Mother Teresa was sainted by the Vatican.
"Although California's guidelines place restrictions on places of worship," Roberts wrote, "those restrictions appear consistent with the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment."
Aggressive police tactics are likely to worsen the situation.
What happened to staying at home to keep grandparents safe no matter what?
The Supreme Court could announce as early as Monday that it's revisiting qualified immunity, a doctrine that shields rotten cops from civil rights lawsuits.
They're using their Second Amendment rights to protect local businesses from riots and looting.