A "patch of shrubby swampland" or an "anarcho-libertarian utopia"? Politico writer Tara Palmeri takes a journey to Liberland.
- Behind the undoing of Fox News boss Roger Ailes.
- The New York Times Editorial Board calls for repealing laws that require excessive doses of abortion drugs under the guise of women's safety.
- Some 7,000 Americans try marijuana for the first time every day.
- Melania Trump is suing The Daily Mail over the paper's report that she once worked for an escort service. "The point of the article was that these allegations could impact the U.S. presidential election even if they are untrue," said the Mail, which retracted the piece.
- The University of Chicago is being sued over alleged "anti-male bias" in its handling of sexual assault cases.
- News coverage of birth control is heavy on priests and politicians, light on doctors or other medical experts.
- The founder of Latinos for Trump warned that if Donald Trump isn't elected, the U.S. will see "taco trucks [on] every corner." (Yes, please?)
- No one is happy with how states are handling policies for high-school transgender athletes.
Texas Has Hundreds of Thousands of Coronavirus Carriers. The Governor Is Worried About 'Hundreds' of COVID-Positive Migrants.
Greg Abbott's fear is hard to take seriously, but it jibes with hoary stereotypes about immigrants.
A SWAT Team Destroyed This Innocent Woman's House While Chasing a Fugitive. The City Refuses To Pay for Damages.
"I've lost everything," says Vicki Baker.
The proposed bill from Assembly Members Evan Low and Cristina Garcia would require stores to have one unisex section for children's products and apparel.
We can justifiably hope for normalcy by Independence Day.