The U.S. Supreme Court denied an emergency request from Ohio libertarians to list Gary Johnson and Bill Weld on the Buckeye-State ballot as Libertarian Party candidates this November, rather than Independents.
- The European Union says Apple owes $14.5 billion in back taxes to Ireland.
- Washington, D.C., meanwhile, is fighting with Donald Trump over taxes on the luxury hotel he's set to open here.
- California has updated its rape laws in response to the case involving Standord University swimmer Brock Turner. The state also just passed four new bills related to prostitution and human-trafficking.
- The United Nations office of human rights called French bans on "burkini" swimsuits a "stupid reaction" that is "highly discriminatory" and should be repealed.
- Why we need more women in U.S. police forces.
- Millennials can't handle "dealing with people."