According to a new poll, 32 percent of likely voters said they "would consider" voting for Libertarian Gary Johnson.
- President Obama will visit flood victims in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, today.
- Russia has lost its appeal and will therefore be banned from participating in next month's Paralympic Games in Rio.
- According to the head of the Philippines police, more than 1,900 people have been killed in a drug war crackdown in that country over the past seven weeks.
- Yesterday the California Supreme Court declined to review a lower court decision that upheld the state's teacher tenure law.
- "North Korea has laid landmines in the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) between the two Koreas, the South's Yonhap news agency reported on Tuesday, as tension rose on the divided peninsula after the start of annual U.S.-South Korean military exercises."
Kamala Harris Does Not Understand Why the Constitution Should Get in the Way of Her Gun Control Agenda
The presidential contender conspicuously fails to explain the legal basis for her plan to impose new restrictions by executive fiat.
The black market still dominates. And more enforcement and fines aren’t going to fix it.
This is bending the Lanham Act until it nearly breaks
The "assault weapons" that the presidential contender wants to confiscate are not especially deadly, but the symbolism of that policy is poisonous.