A.M. Links: 32% of Voters 'Would Consider' Voting for Gary Johnson, Obama Visits Flooded Baton Rouge, Russia Banned from Paralympics
According to a new poll, 32 percent of likely voters said they "would consider" voting for Libertarian Gary Johnson.
- President Obama will visit flood victims in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, today.
- Russia has lost its appeal and will therefore be banned from participating in next month's Paralympic Games in Rio.
- According to the head of the Philippines police, more than 1,900 people have been killed in a drug war crackdown in that country over the past seven weeks.
- Yesterday the California Supreme Court declined to review a lower court decision that upheld the state's teacher tenure law.
- "North Korea has laid landmines in the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) between the two Koreas, the South's Yonhap news agency reported on Tuesday, as tension rose on the divided peninsula after the start of annual U.S.-South Korean military exercises."