On this week's episode of The Fifth Column, regular co-host Michael C. Moynihan was "on assignment for Vice News," so the fast-talking Russian-born anarchist Michael Malice slotted in to spread his unlikely but intriguing vision for why a Hillary Clinton presidency would be good for liberty (short answer: she would be roundly hated, and soon driven out of office).
Other topics of discussion:
* Peter Thiel's unconvincing justification for driving Gawker to extinction, and what that tells us about how disturbingly easy it is for people to suppress speech they don't like via the legal system.
* Whether (as Malice contends) the Libertarian Party is selling out its philosophy by getting into pragmatic politics.
* Whether the media is in the tank for Hillary Clinton, or whether it is driving that tank at stragglers who refuse to march in Hillary Clinton's parades.
* How bad on a scale from bad to worse is Trump's Putin connections and selective bellicosity compared to Clinton's Saudi connections and selective bellicosity.
* The unreconstructed awfulness of New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
Listen to the whole show right here: