Trump Talks Immigration Plan, Death Toll Rises in Louisiana Flooding, Yemeni Hospital Hit in Airstrike: P.M. Links
(FMB/Dennis Van Tine/Future Image/WENN/Newscom)
Donald Trump's big speech today on foreign policy and immigration involves an ideological test for those who want to enter the country.
- Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, one of the more popular speakers at this year's Republican National Convention, blamed "progressive policies" for destructive behavior in response to a deadly police shooting over the weekend.
- The death toll in the Louisiana flooding is up to six. Thousands have been forced from their homes.
- On the other side of the country, August means California is on fire. More than 100 buildings have been destroyed in wildfires.
- "Burqini" bans are spreading in France because protests have turned violent.
- Doctors Without Borders says a hospital it helped operate in Yemen has been hit by Saudi-led coalition airstrikes, resulting in casualities.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and don't forget to sign up for Reason's daily updates for more content.