Donald Trump's big speech today on foreign policy and immigration involves an ideological test for those who want to enter the country.
- Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke, one of the more popular speakers at this year's Republican National Convention, blamed "progressive policies" for destructive behavior in response to a deadly police shooting over the weekend.
- The death toll in the Louisiana flooding is up to six. Thousands have been forced from their homes.
- On the other side of the country, August means California is on fire. More than 100 buildings have been destroyed in wildfires.
- "Burqini" bans are spreading in France because protests have turned violent.
- Doctors Without Borders says a hospital it helped operate in Yemen has been hit by Saudi-led coalition airstrikes, resulting in casualities.
Reason's Annual Webathon is underway! Donate today to see your name here.
Reason is supported by:
Charges against Kraft were (rightfully) dismissed. The women he patronized now have criminal records.
The former Trump attorney's election fraud lawsuits feature the same sort of dubious evidence that has failed to impress courts across the country.
Pelosi and Schumer Agree to Bipartisan $900 Billion Coronavirus Relief Bill as McConnell Pushes for $500 Billion
The top Democrats originally supported a $2.2 trillion measure.
The national soda tax may be a small but telling example of how Tanden views policy making.