Sen. Ted Cruz's refusal to endorse Donald Trump as the GOP nominee continues to dominate the political media cycle even as Trump prepares to give his acceptance speech this evening.
- PayPal co-founder Peter Thiel's speech tonight at the Republican convention will mention that he's "proudly gay" and will warn the party against fighting "unnecessary culture wars" CNN has been told.
- A French prosecutor says that the truck driver who killed more than 80 people in Nice was not some lone wolf, had accomplices, and had planned the attack for months.
- Ten people have been arrested in Brazil for allegedly attempting to organize a terror plot against the upcoming Olympics.
- Trump says that if NATO countries want the United States military to help defend them, they better start shelling out more of their own money.
- The Department of Justice will attempt to stop health insurance companies Anthem and Cigna from merging and also Aetna and Humana from merging.
- Roger Ailes is out at Fox News. For real this time.