Sen. Ted Cruz's refusal to endorse Donald Trump as the GOP nominee continues to dominate the political media cycle even as Trump prepares to give his acceptance speech this evening.
- PayPal co-founder Peter Thiel's speech tonight at the Republican convention will mention that he's "proudly gay" and will warn the party against fighting "unnecessary culture wars" CNN has been told.
- A French prosecutor says that the truck driver who killed more than 80 people in Nice was not some lone wolf, had accomplices, and had planned the attack for months.
- Ten people have been arrested in Brazil for allegedly attempting to organize a terror plot against the upcoming Olympics.
- Trump says that if NATO countries want the United States military to help defend them, they better start shelling out more of their own money.
- The Department of Justice will attempt to stop health insurance companies Anthem and Cigna from merging and also Aetna and Humana from merging.
- Roger Ailes is out at Fox News. For real this time.
Problematic deforestation continues, but the "lungs of the earth" are still breathing.
Nonmedical use of prescription analgesics did not become more common, but it did become more dangerous.
Plus: delusions about the First Amendment, hype about the Apple Card, and more...
Forensic experts claim there is no way Larry Swearingen raped and killed Melissa Trotter. The state is still putting him to death.