Top Republicans are criticizing Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg for comments she made critical of Donald Trump, but aren't joining his calls that she should resign. Hillary Clinton says Trump is turning "the party of Lincoln" into "the party of Trump." Jesse Ventura says he's voting for Gary Johnson.
- Airport workers in Philadelphia have voted to strike during the Democratic National Convention at the end of the month.
- Police in Baton Rouge have arrested three men they accuse of stealing guns in order to kill police officers.
- The mayor of Newark, which just hired more than 100 new police officers, told residents of one ward sometimes they wouldn't see the police. "The mother of the teenager who was shot didn't make it to the meeting, but you did, so you got to make your speech," Mayor Ras Baraka told residents who demanded more police presence.
- The emperor of Japan is reportedly considering abdicating the throne.
- Scientists in Brazil have found 700-year-old stone tools used by monkeys.
- UFO enthusiasts accuse NASA of cutting off a live feed from the International Space Station as part of a cover-up.
Biden's Latest Round of Student Loan Debt Forgiveness Is an Indictment of Federal Higher Education Subsidies
Thirty-five years after Bill Bennett sounded the alarm about student loan defaults, we still haven't learned a damn thing.
But the appeals court wasn't having it.
"I chose to be that guy who didn't issue the apology," says Daniel Elder. "Things went from there and it wasn't good."
In 2018, the Republican said family separations were "tragic and heart-rending."
Retired Engineer Offers Free Expert Testimony for Flood Victims. Licensing Officials Threaten Him With Criminal Charges.
Wayne Nutt worked as an engineer for decades. But because he's not licensed, North Carolina's engineering board says that he can't share his expertise in public.