"It's understandable that social conservatives are frustrated" by Donald Trump, writes Washington Post columnist Jennifer Rubin, "but attacks on Libertarian Party nominee Gary Johnson verge on comical."
- Nebraska state Sen. Laura Ebke switched her party affiliation from Republican to Libertarian last week, making her one of two Libertarian Party members serving in state legislatures. "Republicans talk about fiscal responsibility, but they tend to place not such a high emphasis on civil liberties," Ebke said.
- Understanding the esoteric symbols of Trump's online alt-right army.
- "Not only do we need to strengthen [Social Security's] long-term health, it's time we finally made Social Security more generous and increased its benefits," President Obama said Wednesday.
- A California bill would put copyright and trademark protections on state records.
- The former Drug Enforcement Administration agents who secretly ran a New Jersey strip club are on trial this week.
- The home addresses of several hundred German sex workers were leaked in an online map promoted by anti-prostitution nonprofits.
- Why does the left hate science?
- Happy International Whore's Day!
Plus: Attacks on Saudi Arabia unlikely to raise U.S. oil prices
Woman Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison for Selling $31 of Marijuana Lands Back in Jail for Court Fees
Fines continued to pile up for almost a decade.
Comedy, meet cancel culture
"Controlled choice" is supposed to fix inequality in New York public schools. It might make everything worse.
Jonathan Vanderhagen believes a judge doomed his son to an early death. The judge says Vanderhagen's Facebook posts were intimidating.