Obama Calls for Social Security Expansion, Nebraska Sen. Ebke Ditches GOP for Libertarian Party, California Wants Copyright for State Records: A.M. Links
"It's understandable that social conservatives are frustrated" by Donald Trump, writes Washington Post columnist Jennifer Rubin, "but attacks on Libertarian Party nominee Gary Johnson verge on comical."
- Nebraska state Sen. Laura Ebke switched her party affiliation from Republican to Libertarian last week, making her one of two Libertarian Party members serving in state legislatures. "Republicans talk about fiscal responsibility, but they tend to place not such a high emphasis on civil liberties," Ebke said.
- Understanding the esoteric symbols of Trump's online alt-right army.
- "Not only do we need to strengthen [Social Security's] long-term health, it's time we finally made Social Security more generous and increased its benefits," President Obama said Wednesday.
- A California bill would put copyright and trademark protections on state records.
- The former Drug Enforcement Administration agents who secretly ran a New Jersey strip club are on trial this week.
- The home addresses of several hundred German sex workers were leaked in an online map promoted by anti-prostitution nonprofits.
- Why does the left hate science?
- Happy International Whore's Day!