Gary Johnsonand William Weld were selected on the second ballots as the Libertarian party's nominees for president and vice president, respectively.
- Bill Kristol teased the announcement of a third party candidate this weekend; Donald Trump slammed him, calling him a "loser" who was only interested in going to war and killing people.
- Bernie Sanders called the Democratic primary process "really dumb."
- Iraqi forces are launching an operation to retake Fallujah.
- A gorilla was shot and killed after a four-year-old apparently jumped into the enclosure at the Cincinnati zoo.
- A seven-year-old boy in Japan is missing after his parents left him in the woods as punishment.