A judge ruled against the Obama administration today over unappropriated federal spending for a "cost sharing" provision of the Affordable Care Act. The suit was brought by Congress.
- George Zimmerman's attempt to auction off the gun used to kill Trayvon Martin may have been thwarted by the site he posted it on.
- Former New York State Senate Republican Majority Leader Dean Skelos has been sentenced to five years in prison for bribery and extortion. His son got a longer sentence.
- A union for Border Patrol agents is facing criticism for endorsing Donald Trump for president.
- In other Trump news, the candidate's butler is getting attention for Facebook posts calling for President Barack Obama's execution.
- Also: Trump's trade wars would be disastrous for poor people and could cost American households thousands per year.
- The head of the Transportation Security Agency (TSA) says they are no longer retaliating against employees who blow the whistle on waste, fraud, and abuse. In the past, those who spoke out faced reassignment.