North Carolinaand the Department of Justice are suing each other over HB2, the state law that (among other things) requires transgender people to use the bathrooms of whichever gender is on their birth certificates in government buildings and public schools.
- The latest Donald Trump ¯\_(?)_/¯: Maybe he didn't actually mean he was willing to raise taxes on the rich after all.
- A pair of studies claim that Bernie Sanders' spending plans would increase the federal deficit by $18 trillion by 2026, even when accounting for the candidate's plans to increase federal revenue.
- A Muslim student whose name is Bayan Zehlif was rechristened "Isis Phillips" in her California high school yearbook. The school says it was mistake and that there's another student at the school who is actually named "Isis," and this might not have been intended as a reference to the terrorist group. But they're investigating.
- The new speaker of Brazil's lower house of Congress has annulled the vote to impeach President Dilma Rousseff.
- Austria's chancellor abruptly resigned Monday citing lack of party support and decreased popularity of the Social Democrats.
Sex offender registries are cruel and unjust.
Virginia Is About To Require a Government License for 'Art Therapy,' Because Glue and Scissors Are 'Potentially' Dangerous
The real motive for laws like this has nothing to do with scissors and glue. It's all about protectionism.
The global total fertility rate fell by more than half, from 5 births per woman in 1960 to 2.4 today. But don't panic!