North Carolinaand the Department of Justice are suing each other over HB2, the state law that (among other things) requires transgender people to use the bathrooms of whichever gender is on their birth certificates in government buildings and public schools.
- The latest Donald Trump ¯\_(?)_/¯: Maybe he didn't actually mean he was willing to raise taxes on the rich after all.
- A pair of studies claim that Bernie Sanders' spending plans would increase the federal deficit by $18 trillion by 2026, even when accounting for the candidate's plans to increase federal revenue.
- A Muslim student whose name is Bayan Zehlif was rechristened "Isis Phillips" in her California high school yearbook. The school says it was mistake and that there's another student at the school who is actually named "Isis," and this might not have been intended as a reference to the terrorist group. But they're investigating.
- The new speaker of Brazil's lower house of Congress has annulled the vote to impeach President Dilma Rousseff.
- Austria's chancellor abruptly resigned Monday citing lack of party support and decreased popularity of the Social Democrats.
Cops laugh about “probable cause on four legs” but the damage to innocent lives is real.
The FBI Seized Heirlooms, Coins, and Cash From Hundreds of Safe Deposit Boxes in Beverly Hills, Despite Knowing 'Some' Belonged to 'Honest Citizens'
Victims of the FBI's constitutionally dubious raid say they've been told to come forward and identify themselves if they want their stuff back.
Want to keep wearing a mask yourself? That's fine. Want to force fully vaccinated people to join you? The science doesn't support that.