Virginia Republicans say they're going to challenge Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe's executive order restoring voting rights to more than 200,000 released felons.
- The first cruise ship from the United States to Cuba in decades arrived today, with 700 passengers aboard.
- Atlantic City, New Jersey, managed to avoid defaulting on its debt payments today. The same cannot be said of Puerto Rico.
- The Supreme Court has declined to hear a challenge to the legality of Seattle's $15 minimum wage law.
- The Supreme Court did, however, agree to hear a case over whether clothing designs—cheerleader uniforms in this example—may be copyrighted.
- Starbucks is being sued—in federal court—because its iced coffee has too much ice.