40,000 Verizon workers went on strike today over concerns like "corporate greed" and being asked to move to different states as Verizon's customer needs change. Bernie Sanders joined a rally of striking workers in Brooklyn, claiming Verizon was trying to "destroy the lives of working Americans" it employs in well-paying union jobs, while Hillary Clinton demanded Verizon return to the negotiating table.
- Donald Trump complains the the political system is "stacked" against him.
- The Southern Poverty Law Center claims the Donald Trump campaign has contributed to an "alarming level of fear and anxiety" among children of color and emboldened bullies.
- John Kasich met with Talmudic students at a Jewish bookstore in New York City and explained the Bible to them.
- The revisionism over the 1994 crime bill continues: apparently members of the Congressional Black Caucus who voted for the measure did so out of concern that a future bill might be even worse.
- Salmon caught in the waters near Seattle have some of the highest levels of cocaine and antidepressants found in American fish.