Donald Trump says CIA Director John Brennan's promise that agents would refuse to bring back waterboarding is "ridiculous."
- Apparently Trump's own progeny will not be able to vote for him in New York because they didn't register as Republicans in time.
- Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has been charged with securities fraud for promoting a tech company without disclosing he was paid for it. He is already fighting similar indictments from last year.
- Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe said today he would not sign a bill that would allow the state to use the electric chair to execute prisoners as an alternative lethal injection if the drugs were not available.
- Goldman Sachs has agreed to pay the Department of Justice $5 billion to settle claims they misled investors during the housing crisis.
- Former New Orleans Saints player Will Smith was killed in what appears to be a case of road rage by a man who rear-ended him in an SUV.
- The "dog whisperer" Cesar Millan will not face animal cruelty charges in a case where a dog attacked a pig during the filming of an episode of his show.
Simply put: Republicans agree not to vote on a replacement for Ginsburg until January; Democrats agree not to pack the Court.
If only that signaled a broader respect for legal limits on executive power.
Democrats Scuttle Marijuana Decriminalization Vote Over Fears of Not Being Deferential Enough to Cop Lobbyists
If Congress is too afraid to vote on marijuana reform, how the hell are they ever going to pass policing reform?
USA Today Op ed Making the Case for Abolishing the Constitutional Requirement that the President Must be a "Natural Born" Citizen
I coauthored it with Harvard Law School Professor Randall Kennedy.