Trump Defends Waterboarding (Again), Texas A.G. Charged (Again), Virginia Gov. Won't Authorize Electric Chair: P.M. Links
(Gage Skidmore / photo on flickr)
Donald Trump says CIA Director John Brennan's promise that agents would refuse to bring back waterboarding is "ridiculous."
- Apparently Trump's own progeny will not be able to vote for him in New York because they didn't register as Republicans in time.
- Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has been charged with securities fraud for promoting a tech company without disclosing he was paid for it. He is already fighting similar indictments from last year.
- Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe said today he would not sign a bill that would allow the state to use the electric chair to execute prisoners as an alternative lethal injection if the drugs were not available.
- Goldman Sachs has agreed to pay the Department of Justice $5 billion to settle claims they misled investors during the housing crisis.
- Former New Orleans Saints player Will Smith was killed in what appears to be a case of road rage by a man who rear-ended him in an SUV.
- The "dog whisperer" Cesar Millan will not face animal cruelty charges in a case where a dog attacked a pig during the filming of an episode of his show.