A Texas police officer is on administrative leave after a video showed him body-slamming a sixth-grade girl, 12 years old, to the ground.
- ISIS may have kidnapped dozens of workers at a cement factory in Syria.
- Detroit's school system is suing the governor of Michigan over the deteriorating state of the schools. The state took over the school system in 1999.
- The shoe's on the other foot in New York City, where parents (and a pro-charter school group) are suing the school system for failing to adequately protect students from violence.
- France has made it a crime to pay for sex. Those charged face thousands in fines and would be required to attend classes "on the harms of the sex trade."
- South Carolina is now mulling a bill to block transgender people from using public restrooms that are the opposite of their birth sex.
- I thought these links were going to be Trump-free, but then former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani endorsed Donald Trump. Authoritarians of a feather gotta stick together.
What is the correct reward for the person who creates something that millions of people want badly enough to pay for it?
It’s an attempt to bypass Fourth and Fifth Amendment protections by insisting it’s not an arrest.
2 Women Filed Sexual Misconduct Complaints Against a Nigerian Immigrant a Day Before He Graduated From Harvard. He Never Got His Diploma.
Following an insider trading conviction and the collapse of his career, Damilare Sonoiki is suing Harvard.
Journalists and pundits who frantically doubled down on their initial bad takes deserve more criticism.
Government officials should use the success of the competition as an educational moment.