A Texas police officer is on administrative leave after a video showed him body-slamming a sixth-grade girl, 12 years old, to the ground.
- ISIS may have kidnapped dozens of workers at a cement factory in Syria.
- Detroit's school system is suing the governor of Michigan over the deteriorating state of the schools. The state took over the school system in 1999.
- The shoe's on the other foot in New York City, where parents (and a pro-charter school group) are suing the school system for failing to adequately protect students from violence.
- France has made it a crime to pay for sex. Those charged face thousands in fines and would be required to attend classes "on the harms of the sex trade."
- South Carolina is now mulling a bill to block transgender people from using public restrooms that are the opposite of their birth sex.
- I thought these links were going to be Trump-free, but then former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani endorsed Donald Trump. Authoritarians of a feather gotta stick together.