An EgyptAir flight en route from Alexandria to Cairo was hijacked and ordered to fly to Cyprus, landing in the port city of Larnaca. After a several hour standoff, Cyprus authorities arrested the hijacker.
- Pakistan has detained more than 5,000 suspects in the wake of the Easter suicide bombing in Lahore.
- Bernie Sanders hopes to poach Hillary Clinton's superdelegates by persuading them to transfer their loyalties to him.
- Donald Trump's popularity is declining.
- "Three years ago, on the eve of Obamacare's implementation, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projected that President Obama's centerpiece legislation would result in an average of 201 million people having private health insurance in any given month of 2016. Now that 2016 is here, the CBO says that just 177 million people, on average, will have private health insurance in any given month of this year—a shortfall of 24 million people."
- The Chicago Teachers Union has called for a strike this Friday. According to the union, any member that crosses the picket line "shall be fined the pay earned on the days worked during the strike."