Republican frontrunner Donald Trump says he'd look for a political "insider" as his running mate to balance his "outsider" status, although he also insisted he was a "political" person, comparing the process of getting permission to build on the Upper West Side to negotiating an Israel-Palestine peace deal. When he flirted with a run in the 2000 election, Trump floated Oprah Winfrey as a potential running mate, and repeated that idea again last year.
- President Obama may be considering Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval (R) for a nomination to the Supreme Court.
- Nevada Sen. Harry Reid (D) has endorsed Hillary Clinton, while Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) endorsed Ted Cruz.
- A new bill introduced in Congress to eliminate the use of money bail in the federal court system.
- Former California State Sen. Leland Yee (D-San Francisco) was sentenced to five years in prison on charges related to public corruption and conspiracy to traffic weapons and launder money.
- A plane in Nepal crashed halfway through its 19 minute flight, killing all 23 passengers on board.
A hearing on white nationalism produced some agreement that the FBI's hate crime statistics don't reveal strong evidence of a surge.
If You Think Capitalism Is Dying Because Two Companies 'Control 90 Percent of the Beer Americans Drink,' Go Home, You're Drunk
Obituaries for the benefits of free markets are as numerous as they are wrongheaded.
State leaders cannot seem to let a bad project die.
With the Equality Act, Congressional Democrats Want To Redefine 'Sex' To Include Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation
Here's why that's a bad idea—and it has nothing to do with God's wrath, women's rights rollbacks, or locker-room predators.