Edward Snowden is supporting Apple in its showdown with the FBI over a court order requiring the company to unlock the iPhone of one of the San Bernardino shooters. "The FBI is creating a world where citizens rely on Apple to defend their rights, rather than the other way around," Snowden declared on Twitter.
- "Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders fares a bit better than rival Hillary Clinton in head-to-head matchups against Republican presidential contenders" according to a new poll.
- With the South Carolina primary this Saturday, the war of words between Donald Trump and Ted Cruz is heating up.
- The AFL-CIO has still not made an endorsement in the Democratic presidential primary.
- South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley has endorsed Marco Rubio for president.
- University of Texas at Austin President Greg Fenves will allow handguns in university classrooms.