- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, arrested Thursday, has been charged with six federal felony counts including conspiracy, obstruction of justice, use of a deadly weapon, and extortion for his 2014 standoff with federal authorities in Nevada over unpaid grazing fees. Read the criminal complaint here.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders—in what is "shaping up to be a battle between the briefing book and the bumper sticker"—managed to deliver a pretty good debate last night, with forays into criminal justice reform, immigration, and why Sanders will not be listening to Henry Kissinger.
- In the U.K., companies will have to begin publicly disclosing any pay gap between male and female employees.
- NYPD officer Peter Liang has been found guilty of manslaughter and official misconduct for the fatal shooting of an unarmed man in a New York housing project in 2014.
- Ted Cruz's campaign has disappeared a new national ad after it came out that one of the actors in the spot had appeared in porn.
- Although the number of dementia cases is at an all time high, the dementia rate is declining.
- Indonesia takes a stand against same-sex emojis.
Frightening events create openings for attacks on civil liberties.
Massive Illinois Police Reform Bill Ends Cash Bail, Limits Deadly Force, Mandates Body Cameras, and Makes It Easier To Dump Crooked Cops
Unfortunately, qualified immunity remains intact.
The First Amendment doesn't come with an exception for "disinformation."
It can be hard to see what's in front of you, especially when you're struggling not to see it.
Biden's $1.9 Trillion COVID Relief Package Includes More Stimulus Checks, State Government Bailout, $15 Federal Minimum Wage
On the brighter side, Biden wants 100 million vaccinations in 100 days and will push for immediate school reopenings.