New York City is back to work after a weekend blizzard but Washington, D.C., is still mostly closed.
- John Kerry is headed to Beijing this week.
- As sanctions are lifted, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani heads to Europe to drum up business.
- Charles Ramsey, the former police chief of Philadelphia, will advise Chicago on potential police reforms.
- The Islamic State (ISIS) released a video purporting to show the November Paris attackers perpetrating atrocities in ISIS-held territory.
- Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos will face Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers in Super Bowl 50.
New at Reason.com:
- Brickbat: Just the Facts By Charles Oliver
- The General and the Drug Lord Drug warriors never win, even when they capture the enemy. By Jacob Sullum
- Why Would Cruz Insult New Yorkers? Thank the Electoral College. This outdated system gives him no reason to care about offending states he can't possibly win. By Steve Chapman
- Revisiting the U.S. Constitution Why should libertarians celebrate the blueprint that made powerful government possible? By Sheldon Richman
- USDA School Lunch Problems Continue New research paints a rosy picture of the program. But is the picture telling the whole story? By Baylen Linnekin