More than 6,200 U.S. flights have been canceled and nearly 30,000 people in North Carolina are without power as the mid-Atlantic greets a winter snow storm that's predicted to be historic.
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has introduced a joint resolution to authorize military force against ISIS.
- For two weeks, the FBI hosted a website offering thousands of child-porn images.
- Inside the National Review anti-Trump edition: editor Rich Lowry gives the back story.
- Making a Murderer subject Steven Avery sent a letter from prison to WISN 12 News in Milwaukee accusing his ex-girlfriend Jodi Stachowski of lying about him on the Nancy Grace show.
- A Canadian man charged with criminal harassment of two women's rights activists due to messages he sent on Twitter has been found not guilty.
- Former Oklahoma City cop Daniel Holtzclaw was sentenced to 263 years in prison stemming from his 2013-2014 sexual assaults of multiple women.
New at Reason:
Did ISIS Make a Bad Move by Attacking Istanbul?: The suicide bombing might end the cozy arrangement between the organization and the Turkish president. By Shikha Dalmia
Responsible Research and Innovation: A Concept Worse than the Precautionary Principle: A debate over biotechnology previews the regulatory innovation that could stop innovation. By Ronald Bailey
It's an Era of Angry Populism and No One Is Immune: Bernie Sanders represents as radical a shift in party ideology as Donald Trump. By David Harsanyi
Powerball Frenzy is Just a Distraction: Money is fungible and lotteries simply supplant other funding. By Steven Greenhut
Could It Be…Satan?: Where does it say in the Bible the Devil can't moonlight as a detective? By Glenn Garvin
Movie Review: The 5th Wave: Chloë Grace Moretz gets feisty in an attempted sci-fi franchise. By Kurt Loder
The Geography of Genius: Author Eric Weiner on the places where creativity thrives and why governments won't create the next Silicon Valley. By Meredith Bragg