A reported suicide bomber has killed at least eight at a security checkpoint in Peshawar, Pakistan.
- "Why the GOP primary could be even crazier than you think."
- Bernie Sanders' radical past: "Among other things, during the 1970s and '80s, Sanders regularly called for public takeovers of various businesses, including utilities and the oil industry. Sanders advocated seizing money from corporations and from one of America's richest families. And, as a mayor, Sanders made forays into foreign policy that included meetings with representatives of hostile nations, rebel groups and Canadian separatists."
- Glenn Frey, guitarist and founding member of the Eagles, has died at age 67.
- Is Chris Rock going to drop out as host of the Oscars over the lack of diversity among this year's Academy Award nominees?
- The world's oldest man has died at age 112.
New at Reason
- Brickbat: Season's Over By Charles Oliver
- The Key to Deterring Migrants is to Blow Up the Economy Anti-immigration politicians vilify foreigners who already left. By J.D. Tuccille
- Broken Science What happens when cancer doctors, psychologists, and drug developers can't rely on each other's research? By Ronald Bailey
- Cost of Living vs. Wage Stagnation in the United States, 1979-2015 Inflation-adjusted wages haven't gone up, the cost of living has for the most part gone down. By Marian Tupy
- Why a Celibate Prime Minister and a Hollywood Porn Star Are India's New Deities Why has Sunny Leone become a household name in chastity-worshiping India? By Shikha Dalmia
- Who's Afraid of Political Cliches? Courage is agreeing with the establishment. By A. Barton Hinkle
- The State of the Union Is Divided—as Usual There is nothing particularly special about today's political hostilities. By Steve Chapman
- Nosy Neighbors Tell Colorado to Stop Regulating Pot Oklahoma and Nebraska say legal marijuana is like state-authorized pollution. By Jacob Sullum
- Report Shows Pretext for Passing CISA Was All Wrong We can blame last summer's Office of Personnel Management hack on good, old-fashioned bureaucratic incompetence—not a lack of CISA-style "information sharing." By Andrea Castillo