- Three Americans released by Iran arrived in Germany while crude oil futures fall below $30 in part because of the implementation of the Iran nuclear deal this weekend.
- Three American contractors in Iraq may have been kidnapped.
- A Republican state senator in Arizona proposed a bill to ban filming police officers from within 20 feet.
- A suicide bomber in Afghanistan killed at least 14 people at a tribal gathering.
- Al-Shabaab said it captured three Kenyan soldiers after attacking an African Union base in southwestern Somalia.