On the one-year anniversary of the Charlie Hebdo attack, a knife-wielding man wearing a fake suicide vest who reportedly shouted "Allahu akbar" has been shot dead by Paris police.
- Donald Trump is still pushing Ted Cruz birtherism.
- "City of Chicago lawyers, after meeting with Mayor Rahm Emanuel, demanded the Laquan McDonald family bury the video showing the killing of their son by a police officer."
- Joe Biden says he regrets not running for president "every day."
- Iran is accusing Saudi Arabia of carrying out an aerial attack against the Iranian embassy in Yemen.
- Is a volcano beneath Yellowstone National Park about to erupt?
New at Reason
- Brickbat: Sex on the Brain By Charles Oliver
- Whatever's Going On In Oregon, It's Not Terrorism Terrorism is the use of violence against noncombatants for a political purpose. That's not what's happening here. By Sheldon Richman
- Obama Oversteps His Authority With Gun Orders The president is without authority to negate the congressional will, and any attempt to do so will be invalidated by the courts. By Judge Andrew Napolitano
- Retailers Don't Need Another Regulatory Handout Hidden consequences of banking regulation hurt poor people the most. By Veronique de Rugy
- How Government Aggravates Airline Delays Federally mandated solution to tarmac wait times made problems worse. By Steve Chapman