- Did North Korea really test a hydrogen bomb Tuesday? Nobody knows!
- Pittsburgh Philadelphia has quietly decriminalized marijuana possession. Meanwhile, Washington, D.C., has been going back and forth about private pot clubs.
- A juror from Making a Murderer subject Steven Avery's murder trial said she only voted to convict Avery out of fear for personal safety.
- President Obama plans to veto a bill that Congressional Republicans have spent more than five years trying to pass.
- A Wheaton College professor has been placed on administrative leave for saying Christians and Muslims worship the same god.
- It's not just Chicago police who are under review but the city's law department, too.
New at Reason:
Brickbat: As Cold as Ice
By Charles Oliver
In Gun Sales, Whose Hands Are 'Wrong'? Obama wants to make it easier for the government to take away people's Second Amendment rights.
By Jacob Sullum
2016: A Look Ahead at the Year in California Government: Forget Star Wars. New Year will see existential battle between innovation and regulation.
By Steven Greenhut