Nikki Haley has been given the punishment honor of responding to President Obama's State of the Union address next week. Haley is widely considered a potential VP candidate for the Republican ticket.
- The armed militia group that has occupied a remote federal outpost in Oregon may run out of supplies, warmth.
- Rapper Tyga is in trouble for sending Instagram messages to an underage model, even though she told him she was 17 and the messages aren't particularly inappropriate. Moral panic, anyone?
- Amy Ziering and Kirby Dick defended their propaganda film, The Hunting Ground, in a blog post for Huffington Post. The post accuses Harvard's law professors of retaliating against sexual assault survivors. Forthcoming Title IX investigation, anyone?
- Forbes announced its 2016 "30 Under 30" winners, which included a certain libertarian journalist you may have heard of. (I may not have a master's degree from Columbia Journalism School, but hey, at least I've got something.)
New at Reason.com:
- Pentagon Slush Fund is Draining the Economy and Militarizing Foreign Policy
By Nick Gillespie and Amanda Winkler