President Barack Obama will roll out his plan for gun control via unilateral executive action this week.
- Saudi Arabia has cut off diplomatic ties with Iran.
- "The armed protesters who triggered a standoff when they stormed a wildlife refuge in Oregon listed their demands at a news conference Monday, while giving their group a name: Citizens for Constitutional Freedom."
- A senior city attorney in Chicago has resigned after a judge ruled he deliberately concealed evidence about a police shooting.
- Doctors in Britain are preparing to go on strike.
- The Dow posted its worst opening day in eight years yesterday.
New at Reason
- Brickbat: Take a Bit Out of Crime By Charles Oliver
- You Know Less Than You Think About Guns The misleading uses, flagrant abuses, and shoddy statistics of social science about gun violence. By Brian Doherty
- The Continued Appeal of Statism Ideas, good and bad, have consequences. By Marian Tupy