A.M. Links: Obama Pushes Gun Control, Saudi Arabia Cuts Diplomatic Ties With Iran, Latest on Oregon Standoff
President Barack Obama will roll out his plan for gun control via unilateral executive action this week.
- Saudi Arabia has cut off diplomatic ties with Iran.
- "The armed protesters who triggered a standoff when they stormed a wildlife refuge in Oregon listed their demands at a news conference Monday, while giving their group a name: Citizens for Constitutional Freedom."
- A senior city attorney in Chicago has resigned after a judge ruled he deliberately concealed evidence about a police shooting.
- Doctors in Britain are preparing to go on strike.
- The Dow posted its worst opening day in eight years yesterday.
New at Reason
- Brickbat: Take a Bit Out of Crime By Charles Oliver
- You Know Less Than You Think About Guns The misleading uses, flagrant abuses, and shoddy statistics of social science about gun violence. By Brian Doherty
- The Continued Appeal of Statism Ideas, good and bad, have consequences. By Marian Tupy