- Two people in Chicago were arrested after clashing with cops during "Black Christmas" protests.
- Other tourists had to move to the side as President Obama and his security entourage hiked up Hawaii's Koko Head Crater Stairs during his Christmas vacation.
- Robert Downey, Jr. was among 91 people pardoned by California Gov. Jerry Brown for "exemplary behavior," and will have his voting rights restored.
- More than 100 people were killed in Nigeria when a gas tanker truck caught fire.
- Police in San Diego are seeking a 400-pound beared woman wanted in a stabbing.
New at Reason.com:
Brickbat: Reason for the Season by Charles Oliver
Admit It. You Just Want Your Own Dictator Calls for "leadership" are unsavory, dangerous, and un-American. by David Harsanyi
Regulation a Sure Bet for Fantasy Games California attorney general asked to clamp down on online sports games. by Steven Greenhut