Vladimir Putin is a Donald Trump fan. "He's a really brilliant and talented person, without any doubt," Putin declared.
- Enrique Marquez, the man who bought the rifles used by Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik in the San Bernardino attack, will face criminal charges.
- Hillary Clinton's tax plan has been endorsed by billionaire Warren Buffett.
- Defense Secretary Ash Carter has admitted to using a private email address for government business during his first months in office.
- "The much-hated pharmaceutical entrepreneur who jacked up the price of a life-saving AIDS pill by more than 5,000% was arrested for securities fraud."
- Got your tickets? Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens tonight.
New at Reason
- Brickbat: Being Disorderly By Charles Oliver
- Top-Secret Material Among Hillary's 'Lost' Emails While we've been fixated on Trump, federal prosecutors continue to examine Clinton's tenure as secretary of state. By Judge Andrew Napolitano
- Carpet-Bombing: Wall-to-Wall Folly "Death from Above" has shown little success as a long-term strategy against terrorists. By Steve Chapman
- Putting the Terrorist Threat in Perspective How likely is an American to be a victim of terrorism? By Sheldon Richman
- Government Should Make Economic Freedom Its New Year's Resolution Free countries are wealthier and healthier. By Veronique de Rugy