The 2016 presidential candidates celebrate Thanksgiving. Who knew?
- Francois Hollande will meet with Vladimir Putin to discuss cooperating on the fight against ISIS. Turkey, meanwhile, says it won't apologize for downing a Russian jet that crossed over from Syria. David Cameron would like to bomb ISIS too.
- Militants from Boko Haram killed 15 people after attacking a border town in Niger.
- Israel is building a new fence near Hebron.
- The public school system in Chicago says it won't be showing the Laquan McDonald police shooting video but will have students discuss it in class on Monday.
- A record crowd is expected in New York City for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.
New at Reason.com:
- Brickbats: Don't Get Bent Out of Shape by Charles Oliver
- Movie Reviews: The Danish Girl and Victor Frankenstein Eddie Redmayne upstaged by Alicia Vikander, Daniel Radcliffe lost in a limp horror riff. by Kurt Loder
- Giving Thanks. No, For Real. Forget vague praises for your good fortune. Be specific and thank those who have pushed you onward. by Steve Chapman
- Medicare Waste, Fraud, and Abuse Means the System Needs Reform Bureaucracy diminishes the program's effectiveness. by Veronique de Rugy
- Why Obamacare Co-ops Keep Failing It's been a bad month for the Affordable Care Act. by Eric Boehm