According to a new poll from The Wall Street Journal/NBC News, Ben Carson is now the GOP presidential frontrunner.
- "The format and content of upcoming Republican debates became increasingly uncertain on Monday after Donald Trump's campaign said the real estate mogul would negotiate his terms directly with television executives instead of as part of a joint effort with his rivals."
- Today is Election Day.
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) is introducing a bill that would criminalize warrantless cell phone surveillance by the government.
- Ahmed Chalabi, the Iraqi politician who prominently supported the U.S. invasion of Iraq, has died.
- Investigators are still trying to determine why a Russian commercial airplane disintegrated while flying over Egypt. A U.S. satellite reportedly detected a heat flash at the time of the crash, but the cause remains unknown.
New at Reason
- Brickbat: Along Came a Spider By Charles Oliver
- Drone Registration: A Stupid Solution in Search of a Problem it Might Actually Fix The occasional misuse of unmanned aircraft is an exaggerated issue that won't be corrected by bureaucrats. By J.D. Tuccille
- China's One-Child Policy: A Useless Exercise in Human Suffering and Social Deformation Policy being reversed after causing decades of harm. By Marian Tupy