House Republicans approved Paul Ryan's bid for speaker.
- Former House Speaker Denny Hastert pled guilty to charges related to the alleged payment of hush money in a sex scandal, and federal prosecutors recommended a prison sentence of zero to six months.
- A military surveillance blimp has gone rogue over Pennsylvania.
- A judge in Kentucky ruled in favor of the right to shoot down drones.
- Members of the city council in Boston gave themselves a $12,000 a year raise.
- Austria will build a fence along part of its border with Slovenia.
- Nutscaping is a (NSFW) thing.
New at Reason.com
- At a Small Virginia School, Big Strides Forward: The Elijah House Academy as success story. By A. Barton Hinkle
- Started From the Bottom (Donald Trump Version): Remy remixes the hit Drake single. By Remy & Meredith Bragg
- Republican Debate Cocktails: Candidate-themed cocktails for the GOP Debate. By Austin Bragg