Organizers of South by Southwest cancelled two panels because threats were made against the participants. One of the panels was seen as "anti-Gamergate" because it included critics of the movement and set out to address online harassment; the other was "pro-Gamergate." BuzzFeed and Vox Media are now boycotting SXSW unless organizers reverse the decision.
- If you want Arthur Chu's take, here it is.
- The FBI will investigate the South Carolina school resource officer who tackled a girl in class.
- The University of California is going to elaborate lengths to criminalize speech critical of Israel.
- Cornell University kicked Jesse Watters off campus.
- Edward Snowden denounced CISA in a Reddit thread.
New at Reason.com:
- Is Bacon Really Bad for Your Health?
Putting the WHO cancer report in perspective
By Marian Tupy
- 4 Dumb Things GOP Candidates Have Said About Legal Marijuana
Republicans say they love states' rights, but they almost all hate recreational pot.
By Alexis Garcia