- Doctors Without Borders is asking an independent fact-finding commission to look into America's deadly bombing of a northern Afghanistan hospital last Saturday that killed 22 patients and medical staffers, including three children, and injured 37 others.
- The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is asking the feds to investigate discrimination against female film directors in Hollywood.
- GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is asking supporters to boycott Frito-Lay and its "radical homosexual" agenda.
- Arkansas is asking the Supreme Court to revisit Roe v. Wade.
- A trio of scientists from the U.S., Sweden, and Turkey were awarded the Nobel Prize in chemistry for their work showing how human cells can repair damaged DNA.
- "Those who were waiting for Donald Trump's campaign to collapse will need to wait longer, at least in the three key states of Ohio, Florida and Pennsylvania," said Quinnipiac University Poll assistant director Peter A. Brown about the latest numbers on GOP presidential candidates.
- Stock up on your canned pumpkin now.
New at Reason:
Brickbat: Breathe Easy – By Charles Oliver
Hillary Clinton's Simple-Minded Gun Control Ideas: Like the president, the presumptive Democratic nominee assumes we can identify mass shooters before they strike. – By Jacob Sullum
Escaping Tyranny in North Korea: One woman's harrowing journey to freedom. – By John Stossel
Expecting Scientifically Sound Nutritional Guidance from the Feds? Fat Chance: Nina Teicholz, critic of a federal dietary guidance committee, talks about her work. – By Baylen Linnekin