- Prominent Democrat donors are circulating a letter encouraging Vice President Joe Biden to enter the 2016 presidential race, and pledging support if he does.
- The latest update from researchers with the Department of Veterans Affairs and Boston University shows that 87 out of 91 former NFL players they studied tested positive for chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), the degenerative disease fueling the debate around football, head trauma, and dementia.
- The House voted today to strip federal funding from Planned Parenthood for a trial one-year period.
- One of Sen. Rand Paul's top aides is accusing one of Sen. Marco Rubio's top aides of punching him at a bar last night.
- Video shot by a bystander shows four Stockton, California, cops tackling a 16-year-old boy for allegedly jaywalking.
- Vox asked Carly Fiorina's people about the Planned Parenthood footage Fiorina referenced in Wednesday's Republican presidential debate. A campaign spokeswoman "replied with a video that isn't from the Planned Parenthood sting tapes at all—and that still doesn't show what Fiorina said it did."
- A majority of New Yorkers support raising the state minimum wage to $15 an hour, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll; only 35 percent were opposed.
New at Reason:
- Fall Television Season Kicks Off, Regardless of Whether Networks Admit It: Three new shows premiere Monday. By Glenn Garvin
- These Special Ops Commandos Think There is a Better Path to Peace: Selling Flip Flops: Through Combat Flip Flops they're educating Afghan women, clearing landmines, cracking cartels, and employing vets. By Justin Monticello