- Three Americans who thwarted a massacre on a train in France received that country's highest award, the Legion of Honor.
- Sources close to Vice President Joe Biden say he's leaning toward running for president, if he can put together a competitive campaign. As Democrats are beginning to turn on Hillary Clinton, some are trying to persuade Sen. Elizabeth Warren to run.
- Donald Trump slammed fellow Republican presidential candidate Gov. Scott Walker, saying Wisconsin was "really in trouble" in part because of its governor.
- The foreign minister of Iran says it's too early to discuss re-opening the U.S. embassy in Tehran.
- Jon Stewart hosted the WWE SummerSlam, saying he was glad to leave political commentary behind and return to reality.
New at Reason.com:
- Brickbat: Wearing the Pants By Charles Oliver
- Surrendering a Birthright Ending citizenship by birth would be a terrible idea. By Steve Chapman
- Trump's Trade Snake Oil How exactly will high import taxes help "make America great" again? By Sheldon Richman
- Where Can You Smoke Legal Pot? A Massachusetts ballot initiative provides an answer. By Jacob Sullum
- California Ready for End to Pot Prohibition State officials are charting the regulatory and tax framework for a coming marijuana boom. By Steven Greenhut