President Obama spoke in defense of the West's nuclear deal with Iran, saying the choice for the U.S. was between diplomacy and war.
- A hatchet-wielding gunman opened fire in a movie theater in Tennessee before being shot and killed by police.
- Bill Clinton reportedly urged Donald Trump earlier this year to run for president.
- Two former Ron Paul staffers were indicted on charges of conspiracy related to Paul's 2012 presidential campaign.
- A boat carrying more than 400 migrants capsized off the coast of Libya, killing at least 25.
- Wreckage from MH370, a Malaysia Air flight that went missing last year, was found on Reunion, an island in the Indian Ocean.
- George W. Bush showed up for jury duty in Dallas.
New at Reason.com:
- College Make 'Colorblindness' a Microaggression The worst thing about college speech codes is how they incite hyper racial consciousness. by Brendan O'Neill
- Saving Our Way into the Poorhouse Government claims its spending programs save money, but it keeps spending more money. by A. Barton Hinkle
- The Top 5 Ways Jon Stewart Was Full of Sh*t by Justin Monticello and Alexis Garcia