Republican Rep. Mark Meadowns (R-N.C.) filed a "motion to vacate the chair" which could ultimately oust House Speaker John Bohener (R-Ohio) from his position. The chances of this happening are low, but Meadows said he wants to force a "family conversation."
- Afghan officials said they are looking into reports that Mullah Mohammed Omar, "the mysterious one-eyed leader of the Taliban who has had a $10 million price on his head since 9/11," is dead.
- John Kasich wants us to leave Donald Trump alone about marital rape. (P.S. Trump/Palin '16?)
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) Tuesday fast-tracked a Planned-Parenthood defunding measure; the Senate could vote on it as soon as next week.
- Will urban resurgence hurt Democratic candidates?
- Border patrol agents are stopping about 3,100 people every week.
- The New York Times has offered an official "Rebuttal to The NYRB's Article on NYT Nail Salon Series."
New at Reason:
- Brickbat: It All Adds Up—Charles Oliver
- Zealots at the EPA: Creating environmental rules that hurt even environmentalists—John Stossel
- The Second Indictment of Dylann Roof Is Worse Than Redundant: New charges against the Charleston shooter highlight the unconstitutional absurdity of the federal hate crime statute.—Jacob Sullum
- Listen to Me Marlon: Marlon Brando in his own words—Kurt Loder