House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) says they will not be considering the version of the highway transportation funding bill coming from the Senate. Yesterday the Senate used that bill to vote to resurrect the deauthorized Export-Import Bank.
- President Barack Obama and African regional leaders are discussing the possibility of sanctions against South Sudan if warring groups there don't achieve some sort of peace by August.
- A Texas prosecutor is bringing in a committee of outside attorneys to investigate the death of Sandra Bland, the woman who died in a jail cell three days after getting pulled over by police for a traffic stop.
- Today in Trump: Donald Trump aide supports Mike Huckabee's comments that the Iran deal is the equivalent of marching the Israelis to "the door of the oven."
- A Florida landscaper has been sentenced to a year in prison for animal cruelty after running over a family of ducks with a riding lawnmower.
- The Dow tumbled 127 points today in response to a massive plunge in the Chinese stock market.
New at Reason.com
- Hillary's Solar Scheme Is Central Planning at its Worst Why privilege solar power over all the other technologies? Some game changers may not even be invented yet. By Ira Stoll
- Government Incentives to Business Distort Free Market Forces
Policies like Virginia's new corporate welfare for a local brewery are three sheets to the wind, by A. Barton Hinkle
- Oysters vs. the State
The fight to save a California oyster farm from the National Park Service, by Rona Kobell
- Kelo Decision Coming to Big Screen in Little Pink House
Producer Courtney Balaker talks about new movie that will tell story of eminent domain abuse, by Nick Gillespie and Alexis Garcia