Schadenfreude ahoy! Two Gawker editors have resigned after the company's management forced the removal of that extremely vile story outing a media executive for no actual reason and making the site essentially complicit in a blackmail effort. (Though as Popehat explains, they are likely not legally complicit.)
- Sen. John McCain says Donald Trump should apologize to other prisoners of war, not him, for Trump's inane claim that McCain isn't a hero because he got captured.
- The United States has killed at least eight Afghan soldiers in an airstrike in a friendly fire incident.
- A study in low-income neighborhoods in Los Angeles shows that rides ordered from Uber arrive more quickly and cost much less than taxis. Please remind those oblivious taxi cartel defenders that claim to be concerned about the poor that poor people benefit from the availability of this service. (Hat tip to CharlesWT)
- A suicide blast in a Turkish town near the Syrian border has killed at least 30.
- Grocery chain A&P has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy for the second time in five years.
New at Reason.com
- What GOP Debate Moderators Should Ask Jeb Bush and Gov. Scott Walker
For starters, why spend more federal money on space exploration? And why subsidize the Milwaukee Bucks? by Ira Stoll
- Turf War
Americans are fighting for their right to garden. By Nick Sibilla
- Peter Schiff on the Fed, Rand Paul, and the Next Financial Crisis
"What the voters want is snake oil. They want something that makes them feels good." by Matt Welch and Joshua Swain