The New York Stock Exchange went down today for nearly four hours because of what it called a "major technical issue." United Airlines had to ground flights for a second time in five weeks, affecting more than half a million travelers, because of what it called a "technical glitch".
- The pope is scheduled to address Congress in September, and the speech will be broadcast outside the Capitol building.
- New York Governor Andrew Cuomo says he'll sign an executive order that will place investigations of police killings in the state under the purview of the attorney general's office.
- An F-16 collided with a Cessna over South Carolina, killing the pilot and his adult son.
- Subway has suspended its relationship with spokesperson Jared Fogle after federal authorities raided his home. A previous raid of the home of a former executive director of Fogle's charity allegedly uncovered child pornography.
- Authorities in Italy seized $1.76 billion from a Sicilian construction company they allege has ties to the mafia.
- A designer at Facebook says she redesigned a friends icon because the woman in it "was quite literally in the shadow of the man."