Sen. Rand Paul announced plans to filibuster the Patriot Act.
- Somebody shot at George Zimmerman, but he's fine.
- The town of Paradise Valley, Arizona, is installing cameras in cacti.
- American idol was finally cancelled.
- Students enrolled in a visual arts class at the University of California–San Diego had to show up naked for their final exam.
- The White House is not happy with Seymour Hersh.
- Elizabeth Nolan Brown on Gov. Andrew Cuomo's panic-stricken nail salon crackdown.
So far, it's been silence from The New York Times, The Washington Post, CNN, and others.
That's a huge concern as forecasters expect the U.S. unemployment rate in the months to come to surpass that seen during the depths of the Great Depression.
Social distancing and lockdowns appear to be working to slow the coronavirus pandemic.
The agency concludes that the possible benefits outweigh the risks.
"You cannot just decide you want to sell groceries," said Barbara Ferrer, the director of L.A. County Public Health.