Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) head Michele Leonhart, who was raked over the coals recently over scandals within her organization (sex parties!), appears to be resigning soon.
- The videotaped, televised beating of a Southern California man by a pack of San Bernardino County deputies has already resulted in a $650,000 settlement.
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell says legislators have reached a bipartisan deal on anti-human-trafficking legislation, which means that attention may soon turn to Loretta Lynch's nomination for attorney general.
- Ousted Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for deaths of protesters that were the result of a violent crackdown.
- The European Union is considering giving its member states the authority to ban the sales of genetically modified crops. (Hat tip to Ken)
- The Supreme Court has ruled, 6-3, that police can't prolong a simple traffic stop so that a drug-sniffing dog can brought in to investigate the vehicle.